Curriculum Resources for the Alaskan Environment
Subject Areas: business
education or career development
Purpose: to introduce
students who are considering college to the
realities of college life
- Arrange for students to visit a university campus:
have students write Native college upper-classpersons
who would consider being chaperones; chaperones will be familiar
with adjustment problems, university facilities, and activities
arrange travel and accommodations.
- Have students plan and raise funds for the trip.
- Include vocational schools.
- funds and transportation
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
Bristol Bay Campus
North Slope Higher Education Center
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- University of Alaska Southeast
- Alaska Pacific University
- Sheldon Jackson College
- Host a career day, inviting local
- Have students write to college for
catalogs and information.